印度前总理辛格:我想成为一个毛泽东主义者

印度前总理辛格:我想成为一个毛泽东主义者

作者:辛格 文章来源:国际共运 点击数:68 更新时间:2007-3-15
我要成为一名毛泽东主义者

——VP·辛格感人至深的忏悔

翻译:洛崇

这个国家的前总理说:面临当前糟糕的局面,若不是他的健康问题作祟,他将选择成为一名毛主义者。

印度的中心地区与周边农村存在着大量的失地农民,他们的权益要获得保障依赖于各类社团,如何才能促进社团与农民之间的政治纽带?VP·辛格对此慷慨陈词。他毫不留情的进行了揭露,此刻他身体虚弱但态度坚决。一边是私营公司野蛮的黑箱操作,一边是面对推土机的和平请愿,社会良知与人民的愿望;现实的局面已经把人民逼到了悬崖峭壁毫无退路。不公正到处横行,又有什么理由拒绝信奉武装斗争的毛主义者在我们的腹地猛烈地扩张?新自由主义政策造成的社会不安,经济恶化,已经让印度坐在了火山口上。VP·辛格说:人民亡命他乡,积怨四起之日就是火山喷发之时。

(以下是访谈摘要)

什么促使你对达德里电力工程如此不安?你不认为北方邦非常需要电力吗?

我一辈子考虑的都是电力问题,农村也需要电力。然而达德里电力工程却无关电力,该问题涉及到印度的发展模式:有一种模式是内生型的,每一个人都能参与分配更多的利益,而这种模式只是让少数寡头买单承担痛苦,也即“杀富济贫”。然而大多数人得以保全,今天的印度需要这种模式。

我们一直宣扬引入市场经济,而市场经济的首要原则就是买卖自由,买还是不买,卖还是不卖都是自由选择的结果,价格也是由协商而定,这就是所谓的市场价格,现在他们却要否定买卖自由的权利,用政府干涉代替市场价格,这还叫市场经济吗?

这一切就发生在达德里。

这还发生在全国各地,不仅在达德里。一会儿是那些高科技的城市,一会儿又是那些经济特区,所有的邦和那些高级长官们都在推行着市场经济,还包括其他公司,不仅仅是瑞莱恩斯公司。一国之经济全由富人操纵,这完全是一个伪市场,应当考虑重建。

说什么土地是必需的,是啊,正如机械、混凝土、水泥、和钢筋也是必需的,所以他们在征农民地的时候,就非常粗暴地问:难道你不想发展吗?我感到奇怪,他们为什么不拿这个问题去问Birlas集团和Tatas集团?依此类推,Tatas的钢铁、Birlas的水泥也是必需的,政府能想征就征吗?北方邦政府对电的需求难道是能随心所欲的吗?你们有胆量撕毁契约吗?每一个人至少能以成本价与政府谈判,唯独农民需要由政府来定价!这不公平!

主要的农业用地有将近10万英亩被北方邦政府拿走,另外10万英亩则被各邦瓜分,为什么他们不能利用那些非耕土地来推进这个工程呢?例如利用安纳帕拉,这是块非耕土地。另外你们若想从西部农村圈地,如在哈里亚纳邦或旁遮普邦,大约会有20%到25%的无地劳动者不能维持生计,你把他们的地没收了,他们去哪里谋身?

邻近的乡村已经困窘至极。如果他们要来农村,他们的家园就会被推土机推平。摊开全印度的地图,我们将面临一场巨大的社会政治危机。人民流离失所,谁能阻挡毛主义的兴起?

为什么你揪住达德里电力工程一点而不及其余?

这是我辛格的个人意愿,你们可以绞死我,但你们绞不死全体农民和劳动者。这不是个人恩怨。我所提的是涉及全国性的问题,至于说到达德里,我已经跟踪关注了一年多。我与Mulayam Singh Yadav商讨此事远早于Jan Morcha重新执政。农民们来到我这里,我许诺与他们站在一起。考虑到我的身体状况,这个地方也是我较容易去的地方。在哈里亚纳邦召开了一次公共集会,由Raj Babbar主讲。其实我在普恩也提出过这个问题。在那里Infosys已经在农村圈了3500英亩土地。村民们进行反抗但却被枪杀。我到了那里,站在一旁说:“把我的jhuggi拿来,我是要去孟买揭露抗议,现在则不离开此地寸步。”感谢Sharad Pawar 和 Vilasrao Deshmukh 重新考虑了这个问题,取消了圈地。你怎能说揪住达德里电力工程一点而不及其余呢?

这件事你向总理提了吗?

我提了但没得到回应。我也跟Mulayam Singh Yadav提了此事。他说将在邦的阶段选举之后公开谈论此事。但六个月过去了,杳无音信。

你断言这次达德里电力工程根本就没有竞标?

是的,没有竞标。就这个问题我和一些人谈过,他们并不否认。国防预算尚且有竞标。这难道不是贪污腐败徇私舞弊吗?坦率地讲,这是一起腐败大案。你们在这个邦里拼揍了一个党来执政,没有任何的竞标的流程就把工程送了出去。谁让你们这么做的?即便有竞标,尚且要考虑农民以及其他消费者的权益。“恩荣门”相关人等不就是因为处理供给价目表不当而锒铛入狱的吗?这是一个比“恩荣门”更大的丑闻。

更有甚者,瑞莱恩斯公司圈地成本的60%本该由其自己承担,现在却由邦政府盘剥百姓为其输血。Gram Samaj那块地贱价卖出仅每年每英亩100卢比,这是为什么?我们不知道签订该工程的条款是否有时间期限,据称是两年。现在两年过去了,是否有罚款规定呢?如果有,执行得怎样呢?如果没有,这又是为什么?他们实际的圈地量远大于需求量。按理说发的电不仅应当提供给北方邦,也应输送到哈里亚纳、德里、旁遮普、拉贾斯坦四邦。若是仅为北方邦发电,这简直是场闹剧!

普遍的说法是受煽惑的达德里农民是为土地讨个好价钱,之前的价格让绝大多数人没法接受。

在达德里征地给农民的价是每英亩150卢比,同样的地未作任何开发就由瑞莱恩斯公司定价为5700卢比,而且瑞莱恩斯还以这个价格作为资产抵押,从银行贷出了一大笔钱。我的意思是既然你向银行贷款时是这个价,那么你给农民也应当是这个价,这是你真实的成本。如若不是,那么你就是在欺骗银行;如若是,那么你就是在欺骗农民,两者必居其一。

你如何分析由Mulayam Singh Yadav主导的整个经济进程?

就是他创造了经济寡头,然后北方邦政府直接控制着这部分人。当他谈论北方邦发展委员会时,为什么成员只有大工业家呢?为什么农民们不能在这里头?

Mulayam Singh Yadav感到非常不安,他说你们所做的相当于国会而言是越俎代庖。

也就是不管我做什么,他们都可以把我绞死在公园里,或者是在Lucknow一隅。但是那仅是一场是否给予农民议价权的争论吗?他们自作主张然后一意孤行,讨论的全部依据都已经丧失。我很清楚他的手法。他们的一己之私远比VP·辛格的命要值钱。

经济特区在全国犹如雨后春笋,推动他们的人声称市场经济将带来大量的就业,同时带来社会进步与经济发展。

这怎么能叫做市场经济呢?赶快叫停吧。农民作为土地所有者却没有权力决定价格并处理财富。那些呼吁自由化的先生们,你们中有谁来捍卫这些农民的权益?从头到尾这就是一个骗局。如果你们今天拒绝农民的哀泣,并把他们送入铁牢,那么明天他们就会拿起武器。农民拿起了武器,他们将无处不在,而你们只能坐以待毙。

在奥里萨邦的Kalinga Nagar已经遍布反圈地的人民运动,一年来公路全部被堵死,越来越多的普通群众被逼上梁山,他们汇入了毛泽东主义的洪流。

发展成这幅鬼模样,要不是我这一大把年纪,身体也不行,我早就是一名毛泽东主义者了。

<!--

--></P></TD></TR>
  签名档
横扫一切牛鬼蛇神!!!

人民要造反,人民要革命!

印度人民觉醒起来将改变整个南亚乃至世界的格局,那样印度就将成为一个真正独立自主的大国进而影响世界。我们中国呢?
我想,如果中国和印度的人民能够团结起来为第三世界指明道路,领导第三世界人民斗争,那就是帝国主义体系的末日。二国人民不应该成为现在争夺资本主义廉价劳动力市场的竞争对手,而应该成为打破资本主义体系的盟友。

敌人越疯狂,人民就越觉醒,离敌人的末日也就越近了。

http://www.hardnewsmedia.com/2006/09/576

“I want to become a Maoist…” --VP Singh

Braving relentless dialysis, frail but resolute, the Mandal Messiah VP Singh has taken on the might of the corporate-political nexus on behalf of displaced farmers in the Hindi heartland and across the country. By brazenly operating in favour of private companies and by openly bulldozing peaceful public dissent, social consensus and people’s aspirations, the establishment is pushing the people to a precipice of no-return. In such unjust circumstances, why shouldn’t the armed struggle of the Maoists spread in the deep hinterland? India is sitting on a volcano of social unrest and economic conflict, he says, which is bound to explode if the politics of liberalisation pushes the people into exile and condemnation

Sanjay Kapoor and Sandeep Yadav New Delhi

What makes you so upset about the Dadri Power Project? Don’t you think that UP desperately needs power?

I am all for power. The country needs it. However, the Dadri issue is not about power. The issue is the model of development. One is the inclusive model where everyone participates in the larger benefits. There is also this model of development where only some people pay the price and suffer. In India, we want a model where everyone has a share in the benefits. We have trumpeted that we have introduced market economy but the first principle of market economy is that the buyer and seller should have the freedom to buy and sell. The choice has to be there whether one sells or not, buys or not, and the price is the price which is negotiated and settled. That is the market price. Now if you deny the buyer or seller the right to exercise his choice whether to buy or sell and instead of negotiating the price there is government intervention which settles the price, where is this market economy?

This is exactly what is happening in Dadri.

This is happening all over the country, not just in Dadri, sometimes in the name of hi-tech cities, sometimes in the name of Special Economic Zones (SEZs). All the states and all the chief ministers are doing it, and this includes other companies also and not just Reliance. If you are going to have an economy which is skewed in favour of the rich, then it is all a bogus market. Consider the build-up of a project. Land is needed. So are machinery, concrete, cement and steel, among others. When it comes to the farmers’ land, everyone puts up a precise question: “Don’t you want development?”  Why is this question not put to the Birlas and Tatas? By the same principle, Tata Steel and Birla Cement should also be acquired. Why doesn’t the UP government acquire electricity at the rate it wants to, instead of signing the deal with Reliance? Everybody dictates to the government the price it wants for its product, only the farmer is dictated by the government. This is injustice.

Prime agricultural land close to one lakh acre has been taken by the UP government and another one lakh acre by all the other states. Why can’t they set up these projects in the uncultivable lands? For example, take Annapara. It is uncultivable. Besides, when you take land in the villages of western UP, Haryana or Punjab, there are about 20 to 25% landless labourers dependent upon agricultural activities. When that activity ceases, where will they go? The adjoining villages are already hard-pressed. If they come to the city, their homes are bulldozed. If you take the whole map of India, we are heading towards a major socio-political crisis. The way people are being displaced, who can stop the arrival of Maoism?

But why target only Dadri and not others?

That is the problem of VP Singh. You hang him. Just because VP is this you can’t hang the farmers and labourers. This is not the issue of an individual. I am raising the issue all over the country. As for Dadri, I am associated with it for more than one year. I discussed the matter with Mulayam Singh Yadav even before the Jan Morcha was revived. When farmers came to me I promised to stand by them. In my physical condition, it is the easiest place to go. In Haryana, a public meeting was held, which was addressed by Raj Babbar. I took up the issue in Pune also where Infosys has taken 3,500 acre in one village. Villagers protested and were fired upon. I went there and took a stand. I said, “Put my jhuggi here, I will go for dialysis to Bombay but will not budge from here.” Thankfully, Sharad Pawar and Vilasrao Deshmukh reconsidered the issue and cancelled the acquisition. How can you say we are not taking up the issue?

Did you raise it with the Prime Minister?

I wrote to the Prime Minister but got no response from him. I also spoke to Mulayam Singh Yadav about it. He said that he would address the matter after the block elections in the state. But six months have gone by and nothing has happened.

The basic allegation is that there was no competitive bidding for the Dadri project.
 Yes, there was no competitive bidding. I have raised the issue with several people and no one has denied this. Even in defence deals there is bidding. Is this not corruption and favouritism? Straightaway, this is a case of corruption. You pick up a party and give the project without competitive bidding. Who are you to do that? Rs 2, as the price, has been announced. It is not only a farmers’ issue but also involves the consumers. Didn’t the Enron deal break on the supply tariff issue? This is a scandal bigger than Enron.

More so, 60% of the cost of acquisition that Reliance should have borne is being borne by the state government derived from people’s money. The Gram Samaj land has been given for a song at Rs 100 per acre per year. Why? We don’t know if there is any clause whereby a deadline for the project has been fixed. We were told two years. Two years have passed. Is there a penalty clause? If there is, has it been applied and if not why is it not there? The amount of land that has been acquired is much more than what is required. The electricity that will be generated will not be for UP alone. It will go to Haryana, Delhi, Punjab, Rajasthan. This tomtomming that it is only for UP is a farce.

There is a belief that the farmers agitating in Dadri are trying to extract a better price for their land which is far in excess of the agreed rate.
The farmers have been given the price of Rs 150 per square yard in Dadri. The same land without any development has been valued at Rs 5,700 per square yard by Reliance and it is demanding a loan from the bank on the basis of this assessment. My thesis is that the rate at which you have valued the land for the bank appraisal should be the real value of the land. If it is not, then you are cheating the bank. And if it is the real value, then you are cheating the farmers. One of them is being cheated.

How do you analyse the entire economic process undertaken by Mulayam Singh in collaboration with big industrial houses?
He has created an economic oligarchy. UP has been virtually handed over to this group of people. When he speaks about the Uttar Pradesh Development Council (UPDC), why are only industrialists its members? Why aren’t there farmers in it?

Mulayam Singh Yadav is quite perturbed. He says that you are doing this at the behest of the Congress.
Then he can get me hanged in a park or some corner of Lucknow for whatever I am doing. But is that an argument to deny the farmers the legitimate price of their land? He engages in personal allegations and then defends them, and the main issue is lost. I know his tactics. The issue is more important than VP Singh.

Special Economic Zones (SEZs) are sprouting all over the country. Those who promote them claim that they will create lakhs of jobs and there will be universal progress and development.
Why call it a market economy then? Stop it. A farmer as the owner of his land does not have the choice to decide the terms at which he will part with his property. Give me one advocate of liberalisation who can defend it? That is why this whole thing is a hoax. If you refuse to listen to the people who are affected today and if you send the police tomorrow, they will take to arms. And wherever they have taken up arms you have not been able to handle it.

There have been massive protests in Kalinga Nagar in Orissa against the acquisition of land. It has been almost one year and the roads are still blocked. They are ordinary people but are being branded as Maoists by the corporate sector and the government.
Yes. I want to become a Maoist if this is the model of development. But I can’t at this age.

You have floated a political party that will contest in the UP elections. Do you think there is political space for a party like yours?
For me, the electoral side is not as important as the movement. We started with a movement. The electoral side is to have our people in Parliament and assemblies who could voice our concerns. But the movement is more important.

In recent times you have gone soft on the Congress. Is the party different from the time you left it in 1989?
No, I am not soft on the Congress. It must be because of the general elections in 2004 when I worked for the ouster of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). Whenever there is a fight between the Congress and the BJP, I will support the Congress. On policy matters, even the Congress has to make its position clear on the land acquisition issue. They are also doing similar things in Haryana, Punjab and Maharashtra.

What is your stand on the civil nuclear deal that the UPA government has signed with the US?
I am against it.

Even after the Prime Minister’s reply?
Two things concern me. We will be investing a huge amount in reactors which will be based on uranium fuel that we don’t have. As for Tarapore, we know the US stopped the supply of uranium. Today, even without signing the deal, if we don’t vote for them on Iran, the deal will be off. After we have signed, at every stage they will make us behave like slaves. Our national security and energy needs will be decided by them. And what is all this hue and cry about atomic energy? Hydro and thermal options are still to be exploited. Atomic energy contributes only 3% to our energy needs. Scientists say that even with 40 reactors we can hit only 5%.

Your exit from the Rajiv Gandhi-led government was hastened by your attempt to find out the national wealth stashed abroad by politicians, industrialists, bureaucrats etc. Did you ever get the list? Did Hershman of Fairfax pass you that information?
Well, people go on saying this and that but I can’t go on acting on it. I don’t rely on the names I have been fed.

Sometime back you made an interesting remark about replicating the West Bengal model of two secular fronts competing against each other. What happens to the BJP then?
Even when I was in the Janata Dal my theory was that we should not concentrate only on the ruling space. In politics the opposition space is equally important because that becomes the ruling space later on. So if you really want secularism then both the spaces should be secular. An ideal situation would be the Janata Dal ruling and the Congress in the opposition. No space for the BJP. In Bengal, it’s the Left and the Congress, in Tamil Nadu it’s the AIADMK and the DMK. Where is the BJP?

How do you look at the Congress’ fortunes in the UP elections?
At least the present government is going.

Do you see the revival of the Congress in UP?
That depends on how they work. They will have to go to the people and address their problems.

The Rahul Gandhi factor?

I think people will go and listen to him because the family commands certain reverence from people. But that will convert to electoral votes only if the people are connected. And this has to be done by using fair means, not by some imagined agenda.